If you expect to get superior results, your execution capability should be finely honed. Check out these 7 Deadly Sins in your organization.
- Saying “yes” to something you don’t think you can do
- Handing off to another department by tossing something “over the wall”
- Working around a problem instead of through it
- Letting assumptions or opinions pass as facts
- Failing to give feedback that is useful and frequent
- Playing CYA
- Making decisions without stakeholder involvement
Then there is the strategy failure that dooms execution:
Strategies that are sweeping generalizations
Is your organization guilty of these sins? Fix them and your execution will improve, along with innovation, collaboration and staff engagement!